The KnittingZone
Forum

new here

Place for everyone to get to know each other

Moderators: LauraKZ, Mary, BillS25

new here

Postby katphysh » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:26 pm

I love knitting socks. I love wearing knitted socks. From sock-weight to bulky, I love them. I've been knitting and crocheting now for about 55 years, everything from fridgies to wedding gowns, but my love of sock knitting is just a few years old. I have serious second sock syndrome and I HATE DPNs. When I discovered the 2-circ technique is was like a whole new world! After I retired, I started driving a taxi, and now I always have a pair of socks on 2 circs to take with me because they're so portable. Other small portable items always involve so much sewing and finishing. I find that I generally finish 2-3 pairs a month, unless I get into an exciting book instead. Besides finishing, second socks, and DPNs, I also hate wrapping and turning, but I prefer short-row heels. My fave so far is Fleegle's, but I try them all. Having only been hooked on socks relatively recently, I enjoy hearing what other sock knitters are up to because it's so often new to me. I also prefer toe-up socks for the standard reasons - easy fitting and no worry about running out of yarn - when you run out you're done. Or, of course, add a contrasting cuff.
katphysh

Return to Tell Us All about YOU!