The KnittingZone
Forum

What would you like to see on socknitters.com?

Moderators: LauraKZ, Mary, BillS25

What would you like to see on socknitters.com?

Postby Mary » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:24 pm

An update to socknitters.com has been a long time in coming. How would you like to see the website change?

Mary
Mary
Site Admin

Re: What would you like to see on socknitters.com?

Postby joyjannotti » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:50 pm

For me the most useful change of the website would be to make the navigation much simpler. The content is all there, but getting to it is cumbersome.
joyjannotti

Postby Mary » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:52 pm

I agree!

I would also like an easy way for folks to tell us of broken links or refer other sites for sock resource links.

It would also be great if the site could host knit-alongs and teaching sessions.
Mary
Site Admin

Postby SmithWerx » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:07 am

I would like to see a techniques section with various stretchy cast ons for top down, cast ons for toe up, heel and toe techniques and the ability to post a photo to explain something in a post (this may be available, I haven't explored this forum that well, since it is so new and has little content at present). I would also like to see the ability to have advertisement to sell patterns or hand painted yarn on Etsy or Artfire or here if that is applicable. And I would like a garage sale section where members can post things for sale or if someone is looking to buy something.
SmithWerx

Postby Appaloosa » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:49 pm

I would like to see techniques shared and demonstrated such as magic loop, special bind offs and such. Also a chance to share what we've done and inspire each other.
L
May you always run with the wind at your back and good friends at your side.
Appaloosa

Postby JudyKnits » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:48 am

I would like the new forum have a better way to deal with the spammers. After you gave me admin status there were 3 or 4 of us who worked very hard to get rid of the spammers but it was a long and tedious job. Hopefully the new software will make this easier.
I like the idea of a techniques section.
Picture posting was available on the old forum, it was just very hard to do.
Will any of the content on the old forum be carried over to the new one?

JudyKnits (akaBusyJ)
JudyKnits

Postby Appaloosa » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:28 am

Hey Judyknits, good to find you here!! :D
I agree and hope this forum rocks!
L
May you always run with the wind at your back and good friends at your side.
Appaloosa

Postby JudyKnits » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:48 pm

Appaloosa, I got your PM but I am unable to post replies. Don't know why, guess I'll have to ask an admin. We need to get ahold of as many of the old gang as we can and direct them here. You are the only one I have seen so far.
JudyKnits

Postby Mary » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:13 am

Hello!

Thanks for your feedback, these are great ideas and we will begin working on a plan for the site soon. Once the new site is started we'll post links to the new pages here for your feedback.

Bryan had some good ideas to keep the spammers off and so far it seems to be working well...I'm still getting membership requests on the old forum but so far, not here.

If you would like your own dedicated forum area please email me and we'll get it set up for you. Just let us know what you'd like the name to be. We should be able to move it back to socknitters.com when the site is ready.

I'll also ask Bryan to investigate the instant message problem!
Mary
Site Admin

Postby arnsson » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:54 pm

as a newbie on here, I'd like to see old posts from the former socknitters board, so I can read what other people wrote already, and maybe my questions will have already been answered !
arnsson

Postby JudyKnits » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:33 am

On the members list I liked the old forum where it had different ways of sorting it. Like by most posts, newest member, longest member, state, top to bottom, bottom to top etc,
Can that be done on this forum?

Judy
JudyKnits

Postby thebrownspindle » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:56 pm

Is there a way for the site to host special guest sock knitters like Cookie A? That would draw traffic to the site and make for an interesting learning experience. We could ask questions and get live answers. What think you?

I also like the idea of a "most asked sock questions" place for new folks to go and get their questions answered. The online lessons from the old site needs refreshment and new lessons posted by folks like Wendy Johnson...if she would like doing something like that. She is my favorite toe up sock maven!

Barb R.
thebrownspindle

Postby katphysh » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:24 am

Like others, I would love to see a section tutorials on specific techniques, heels, castons, et cetera, especially new stuff. Mostly, though, I'd like to see older posts.
katphysh

Return to Socknitters.com Website Discussion Group